It's really simple to make your own hand stamped wrapping paper and it can be a really great value way of making professional looking packaging for a fraction of the cost.
Kraft paper - I've used brown but you can also use white or any colour you choose
Kraft tag (optional)
Ink Pad - I've chosen black
1. Cut a length from your roll of paper to big enough to wrap you item.
2. Most kraft paper has a shiny side and a matt side. I've chosen to stamp on the matt side as the ink soaks into the paper better but test your paper to see which side works best.
3. Roll your paper out on a firm level surface and if it's from a roll and curls up, weight it down in the corners.
4. Apply and even coating of ink to your stamp and print onto your paper. For best results, reapply a light coating of ink after each print. You may want to practice on some scrap paper first so you can get the pressure and ink coverage right. Don't forget to rotate your stamp for a more interesting pattern. If your stamp is smaller, you may want to print them closer together but it really is up to you as to what looks best.
5. Stamp on your gift tag if you have one.
6. Wrap your gift!
You can make lots of variations with the one stamp, use a combination of different stamps or just print on your package once. Even the smallest handmade touch can make a difference.